When switching to Mandarin M3 or Oasis from another library automation service, your records need to be in MARC 21 format. Mandarin can help you electronically transfer and convert these data records.
Our conversion service takes your bibliographic, holdings, equipment and patron, databases and performs an Electronic Data Transfer. We then return the records in MARC 21 format.(Please contact Mandarin for a price quote for EDT services.)
The EDT process is performed entirely at our Boca Raton facility. Here’s how the process works:
- Our highly qualified technicians review and discuss the data conversion specifications with you, ensuring a mutual understanding of how the final records are expected to look.
- By using MARC 21 standards, our technicians can evaluate your databases records.
- We provide you with a detailed report with suggested changes.
- Once you approve these changes, the technician works with a sampling of 10,000 records or less for data standardization.
- The sample data is then imported into a live M3 or Oasis database.
- The technician verifies the records and provides you with a preview of the converted records via the M3 Web OPAC.
- After you review the records, we will be happy to perform one adjustment to the format of the records for no additional charge.
- When your records have been reviewed and approved, the technician will build a custom installer CD. This installer package includes the CD with M3 Server software and the converted data and detailed instructions for easy installation at your site. (You can also choose to download the completed data from our FTP site in a ready-to-install format.)
If you need additional support Mandarin technicians are available via telephone, e-mail, remote access, FTP or fax..
Find out more